Thoroughly professional and user-friendly from intake through successful outcomes; most of all, a staff that cares.- Dr. Peter Wilbanks
Virginia Woman's Center
It has been a joy to work with Amanda Miller who has helped my decrease my chronic pelvic pain. All of this treatment plan has enabled me to live a more active life!- Nancy
"I couldn't have made it through my difficult pregnancy without the help and support of the excellent physical therapists at Progress Physical Therapy."- Pascale T.
Women's Health - Pelvic Health
We treat a wide range of conditions.
- Pain During or After Pregnancy
- Postpartum Health and Fitness
- Peri-Menopausal Health and Fitness
- Pelvic Pain - Male and Female
- Coccydynia (Tailbone Pain)
- Painful Intercourse (Dyspareunia)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Frequency / Urgency
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Urinary Retention
- Fecal Incontinence
- Post Lumpectomy / Mastectomy
How Can Physical Therapy Help?
Many Women's Health problems improve significantly with treatment by a Licensed Physical Therapist who has specialized training in treatment of the conditions listed above.
Often, these conditions are influenced by existing problems in the muscles, joints, or nerves (musculoskeletal system) of the low back, abdomen, or pelvis. Physical Therapists are experts in the evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal problems and therefore, play an important role in comprehensive medical management of these problems. Successful Physical Therapy treatment may reduce or eliminate the need for medication or more invasive medical treatment.
What you can expect from Progress Physical Therapy:
- Therapeutic Exercise: to restore flexibility to tight muscles and strengthen weak muscles. We achieve great results with Pilates and other specialized exercises.
- Manual Therapy: to normalize joint mobility, muscle flexibility, and soft tissue mobility.
- Biofeedback: to show electrical activity in a muscle - this is helpful when learning how to contract or relax a muscle.
- Home Exercise Program: specifically designed for you to help you maintain the progress you make in treatment.
- Patient Education: individualized instruction so you fully understand all of the factors that influence your symptoms.