At Progress Physical Therapy, your rehabilitation and wellness goals can be enhanced with yoga! We are excited about the combination of anatomy, posture awareness and the concepts of mindfulness, meditation, and relaxation in this eastern practice. Research shows that yoga and meditation are useful tools to help to improve the health of both your body and mind. Our goal is to create an inclusive space, that optimizes healing and health for people of all backgrounds and physical abilities. Everyone’s body is different, and we will help to modify yoga postures based on your individual abilities.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN OUR THERAPEUTIC YOGA PROGRAM
- Maintain Health and Well-being
- Improve Physical Fitness
- Relieve Stress
- Enhance Quality of Life
- *Under the guidance of a medical provider, as part of a comprehensive treatment approach when addressing specific health conditions, such as back pain, neck pain, arthritis, and anxiety.
*Do not use yoga to replace conventional medical care or to postpone seeing a healthcare provider about pain or any other medical condition.
Our Unique Yoga Program
- For those who suffer from pain or limited function: We provide a distinctive environment where you can effectively treat your pain and/or disability under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist with a comprehensive program which includes skilled manual therapy, education and a customized exercise program. If your goal is to return to yoga or if yoga can help you reach your other goals, we have the expertise to guide you appropriately!
- During or after completing your rehabilitation program: We can help you transition to yoga as a private or class client with Dr. Kailee Karst, Physical Therapist and Yoga Instructor (RYT-200). We keep our class sizes small so you will receive the attention you need!
- For those who do not need Physical Therapy Services, but wish to pursue Yoga as part of their fitness program: Private Yoga sessions or classes.
Bonus for your health: Dr. Karst also teaches meditation classes!