Our Licensed Physical Therapists and STOTT® Certified Pilates Instructors believe in community outreach. Over the years, we have provided education to many groups, including church groups, Physician groups, high school athletic teams and travel athletic groups. Below are some of the topics we have presented. If you would like us to come educate your group, call Myra at 270-7754! We could speak on any of the topics below or we could discuss other topics that would benefit your group!
Topics for Community Education:
- How to best respond to your child's athletic injury
- Coaching the Coaches: Observing warm ups and workouts during gymnastics and cheerleading - Strategies to decrease injury risk
- Coaching the Coaches: Observing warm ups and workouts during soccer - Strategies to decrease injury risk
- Coaching the Coaches: Observing warm ups and workouts during football and rugby - Strategies to decrease injury risk
- Coaching the Coaches: Observing warm ups and workouts - Giving verbal cues to athletes and modifying workouts to decrease risk of ACL injury
- Intro to prenatal and postpartum STOTT PILATES®
- STOTT PILATES® for Seniors
- Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES®
- Prevention of foot pain
- Common Running Injuries
- How to Avoid Neck Pain and Headaches in a High Tech World: Strategies for taking better care of your neck and back
- Women's Health - What can Women's Health Physical Therapists do for incontinence and/or pelvic pain?
- How can your organ's Influence your muscles and joints?
- The Core and the Pelvic Floor: Fitness for the new Mom and the Mom-to-be
- Concussion - What's the big deal?
- Physical Therapy for TMJ
- Racquet Sports Injury Prevention