At Progress Physical Therapy, your rehabilitation and fitness goals can be enhanced with Pilates. We are unique...we have four STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructors, two of which are highly experienced Licensed Physical Therapists! This added service creates a distinctive environment where you can effectively treat your pain/dysfunction under the direct supervision of Licensed Physical Therapists with a comprehensive program which includes skilled manual therapy, education and a customized exercise program.
- CREATE optimal musculoskeletal performance in strength, flexibility and endurance, without building bulk
- FOCUS on core stability, breathing, and functional strength of the arms and legs
- IMPROVE posture and body awareness
STOTT PILATES® is an excellent approach for Orthopaedic patients, including (but not limited to) those with shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain, foot/ankle problems, spinal pain, pelvic pain and post-surgical weakness.
Licensed Physical Therapists are experts in the treatment of musculoskeletal problems. Rather than risking further injury or delay in healing by attempting to self-treat your pain, allow us to evaluate your problem comprehensively and treat you with an individualized program which addresses your specific needs.
WHAT IS STOTT PILATES®?
STOTT PILATES® is a contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by the late Joseph Pilates. Co-founders Moira and Lindsay G. Merrithew, along with a team of physical therapists, sports medicine and fitness professionals, have spent more than two decades refining the STOTT PILATES® method of exercise and equipment. This resulted in the inclusion of modern principles of exercise science and spinal rehabilitation, making it one of the safest and effective methods available. This clear and detailed approach forms the basis for STOTT PILATES® training and certification programs. It's used by rehab and prenatal clients, athletes, celebrities and everyone in between.
- For those who suffer from pain or limited function: Pilates as part of a comprehensive evaluation and treatment program by Licensed Physical Therapists.
- After completing your rehabilitation program: Continuation of Pilates as a private or semi-private client with our STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructors.
- For those who do not need Physical Therapy Services, but wish to pursue Pilates as part of their fitness program: Private and semi-private STOTT PILATES® sessions on state of the art Pilates equipment.
STOTT PILATES® CLASSES/sessions
AT PROGRESS PHYSICAL THERAPY
Classes are open to patients and the general public*
Group Mat Classes
6 clients per class
Private and Semi-Private Sessions
Reformer, Stability Chair, and Mat
Schedule at the front desk or call 270-7754
All classes are 50 minutes long
*1 private session required before attending group classes.